The WCM Academic Applicant Search Plan and Data Log Forms are intended to ensure that the WCM faculty appointment and promotion policies and practices comply with all relevant Federal, State, and University requirements for equal opportunity, non-discrimination, and affirmative action.
1. All hiring departments MUST submit an Academic Applicant Search Plan to the Office of Diversity and Inclusion for approval before initiating any faculty search.
2. Please send the completed Academic Applicant Search Plan to the Office of Diversity and Inclusion Administrator Ms. Elizabeth Omondi (email@example.com) and copy the Associate Dean Dr. Rache M. Simmons, MD (firstname.lastname@example.org).
3. As you conduct interviews, please invite applicants to confidentially and voluntarily complete the Voluntary Applicant Self-Identification Form and the Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability Form as part of the application process. Use the data from these forms to complete the Academic Applicant Data Log.
4. Once a candidate is selected, send the completed Academic Applicant Data Log to the Associate Dean for approval. The candidate cannot be offered a position until this log has been signed.
5. When you submit Academic Appointment documentation to the Office of Faculty Affairs, include the approved Academic Applicant Search Plan and Academic Applicant Data Log as well as the "Voluntary Applicant Self-Identification Form" and the "Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability Form" for your selected candidate. Use the OFA SharePoint application.
6. Submit the approved Academic Applicant Search Plan and Academic Applicant Data Log to the HR Solution Center.
7. Retain all documents in your department for your records.
8. In all cases, refer to Section 6 of the Academic Staff Handbook for the complete policy language.
To complete the forms below, first download the documents to your computer, open in Adobe Acrobat, fill out the forms, then "Save As" to save the completed and signed versions for submission. Be sure to open the documents in Adobe Acrobat, errors will occur if opened in Adobe Reader. Adobe Acrobat is available as a free download on all ITS-tagged computers; more information can be found on the ITS website.
Academic Applicant Data Log academic_applicant_data_log-electronic_updated.pdf
Academic Applicant Search Plan academic_applicant_search_plan.pdf
Voluntary Applicant Self-Identification Form applicant_self-identification_form_updated.pdf
Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability Form voluntary_self-identification_of_disability_cc-305_sd.pdf
If you have questions about policies and procedures pertinent to faculty appointment, promotion and tenure at Weill Cornell Medicine, please contact the Office of Faculty Affairs at 646-962-8770. For guidance, training and resources necessary to recruit and retain exceptional diverse faculty please contact the Office of Diversity and Inclusion at email@example.com or 646-962-9916.