The Report on Medical School Faculty Salaries (2014-2015) is based on fiscal year salary data submitted from 144 accredited medical schools in United States for the 2015 AAMC Faculty Salary Survey. The report includes the following sources of compensation: fixed/contractual salary, medical practice supplement, bonus/incentive pay, and uncontrolled outside earnings. This report is published every two years.
This 330-page report provides:
- Total compensation statistics for six faculty ranks in 92 departments/specialties.
- Thirty-three tables that present the total compensation attributable to teaching, patient care, or research for 107,792 full-time medical school faculty.
- Tables showing the 25th percentile and 75th percentile, as well as the mean and median, for each combination of faculty rank and faculty department/specialty.
- Number of faculty in each total compensation statistic.
As MinFac participants from member institutions, you can access the Faculty Salary Survey (FSS) for free:
- Click on Faculty Salary Survey
- Log in with your AAMC credentials or create an account (user name and password) if you don’t already have one.
Please be aware that any questions related to the Faculty Salary Survey – including how to access the reports - can be directed to the team at email@example.com.
If you are interested in a hard copy of the Faculty Salary Survey (FSS), it can be purchased for $145 ( for AAMC members) of $550 ( for non-members) through clicking the following link.