The Office of Institutional Equity works closely with stakeholders in the Office of Diversity and Inclusion, Office of Faculty, Human Resources, University Counsel, and the Cornell Center for Health Equity to develop, coordinate, and operationalize institutional programs designed to advance equity, inclusion, respect, trust, and excellence at Weill Cornell Medicine. The Office of Institutional Equity collaborates internally and externally to best leverage its resources to support all faculty, staff, and students at WCM by:
- Creating a consistent framework for conducting investigations of faculty, staff, student, and trainee reports of discrimination, harassment, and bias at WCM, including Title IX, Title VII, and others.
- Developing and delivering training programs, consultations, and other learning opportunities to combat bias and harassment in the WCM community.
- Providing institutional consistency and oversight to ensure equitable hiring, promotion, and pay practices, working with Human Resources, academic search committees, the Office of Faculty, and individual departments.
- Fostering institutional and department-based inclusion and engagement with workshops, counseling, and programming.
- Overseeing staff initiatives designed to promote a culture of inclusion, encourage performance excellence, and collaborate with community programs in New York City.
For more https://equity.weill.cornell.edu