Kellen Junior Faculty Fellowship
The Kellen Junior Faculty Fellowship provides $50,000 in research support to exceptional female junior faculty at Weill Cornell Medicine. Five awards are given annually.Now in its fifth year, the grant was established in 2015 with a $1.25 million gift from the Anna-Maria and Stephen Kellen Foundation. The goal is to provide female junior faculty with funding so that they can establish a scientific track record and succeed in independent research. This award strengthens the pipeline of outstanding female junior faculty who can ultimately be promoted to a higher academic rank at WCM.
The Jessica M. and Natan Bibliowicz Award for Excellence in Mentoring Women Faculty
The Jessica M. and Natan Bibliowicz Award for Excellence in Mentoring Women Faculty is an annual award that recognizes outstanding men and women faculty at Weill Cornell Medicine who demonstrate commitment to advancing the academic careers of women in the areas of clinical care, research, or education. The recipient of this award will be announced during the 2019 Diversity Week and will receive a $5,000 prize as well as a plaque in honor of his or her contributions to promoting the academic careers of women.
Previous award recipients include:
- 2016 Daniel Fitzgerald, MD, Co-Director WCM Center for Global Health
- 2017 Elizabeth Kagan Arleo, MD, Associate Professor of Radiology
- 2018 Mary Charlson, MD, William Foley Professor of Medicine, Chief of General Internal Medicine and the Program Chairperson for the Master of Science Program in Clinical Epidemiology and Health Services Research
- 2019 Geraldine McGinty, MD, Associate Professor of Clinical Radiology and Healthcare Policy and Research, and Chief Strategy Officer of the Weill Cornell Medicine Physician Organization
- 2020 Silvia Formenti, MD, Chair Department of Radiation Oncology, Sandra and Edward Meyer Professor of Cancer Research
- 2021 Margaret McNairy, MD, MSc Associate Professor of Medicine Sacerdote Clinical Scholar in Women’s Health Center for Global Health & Division of General Internal Medicine
- 2022 Fabrizio Michelassi, M.D., F.A.C.S. Lewis Atterbury Stimson Professor and Chair, Department of Surgery Weill Cornell Medicine and Surgeon-In-Chief, Department of Surgery
President's Council of Cornell Women (PCCW)
The President's Council of Cornell Women(PCCW), a group of highly accomplished alumnae, works to enhance the involvement of female faculty as leaders within Cornell University and supports the completion of research leading to promotion and tenure. Since its inception in 1992, grants from this organization have awarded more than $462,000 to 151 women and programs at Cornell, including several at WCM. The PCCW held its 25th membership anniversary meeting at WCM in 2014 and plan another annual meeting at WCM April 14th 2018.
Previous WCM Grant Recipients:
- Jennifer Downs (Medicine) Cervical Immune Cell Populations and HIV Susceptibility in Women with Schistosomiasis $8,885
- Karin Hochrainer (Brain and Mind Research Institute) Role of Ubiquitination in the Outcome of Cerebral Ischemia $6,340
- Tracy-Ann Moo (Surgery) Identification and targeting of cancer testis antigen MAGE-A in triple negative breast cancers $9,500
- Mirella Salvatore (Public Health) Integrase-Defective Lentiviral - Based Influenza Vaccine expressing NP. Role of NP-specific antibody and CD4+/CD8+T cell subsets in protection $8,875
- Lia Logio and Johanna Martinez (Medicine) Initiative for Advancing Women Faculty at WCMC $10,000
- Gunisha Kaur (Anesthesiology) Chronic Pain Assessment in Refugee Torture Survivors: A Multi-Institutional Study $10,000