RECOMMENDED READING & VIDEOS
AAS 2017 President Address – Caprice C. Greenberg, MD, MPH “Sticky Floors and Glass Ceilings”
- Academic Medicine Needs More Women Leaders AAMC
- Putting the “She” in Doctor JAMA Intern Med.
- Diversity and Inclusion Pulse: Decoding Differences in Gender Perceptions and Experiences http://www.russellreynolds.com
- It Is Time for Equal Pay for Equal Work for Physicians—Paging Dr Ledbetter JAMA Intern Med.
- Video | Women Make Us Better http://www.boeing.com
- Little Girl Gives Perfect Answer to Outdated Homework Question https://www.msn.com
AAMC Reports & Videos -
- Diversity and Inclusion AAMC News
- The State of Women in Academic Medicine: The Pipeline and Pathways to Leadership, 2015-2016
- 2017 State Physician Workforce Data Report Free PDF
- AAMC Unconscious Bias Training: What You Don't Know: The Science of Unconscious Bias and What To Do About it in the Search and Recruitment Process
A Review of Mentoring in Academic Medicine Am J Med Sci.
RECRUITMENT AND RETENTION
- Havard Business Review: Why So Few "Diversity Candidates" Are Hired - Finalist pools can reinforce the status quo Video
- Havard Business Review: If There's Only One Woman in Your Candidate Pool, There's Statistically No Chance She'll Be Hired.
- Finding hidden leadership figures among women physicians ama-assn.org
- Gender Differences in Academic Medicine: Retention, Rank, and Leadership Comparisons From the National Faculty Survey Academic Medicine
- Organizational Context and Female Faculty's Perception of the Climate for Women in Academic Medicine Journal of Women's Health
- Understanding the Barriers to Hiring and Promoting Women in Surgical Subspecialties. J Am Coll Surg.
- Retaining Faculty in Academic Medicine: The Impact of Career Development Programs for Women. J Womens Health (Larchmt).
- Gender Differences in Academic Medicine: Retention, Rank, and Leadership Comparisons From the National Faculty Survey. Academic Medicine
(Melinda J. Morton, B.S., Mirar B. Bristol, B.A., Peter H Atherton, M.A., C. William Schwab, M.D., F.A.C.S., Seema S. Sonnad, Ph.D.)