RECOMMENDED READING & VIDEOS
AAS 2017 President Address – Caprice C. Greenberg, MD, MPH “Sticky Floors and Glass Ceilings”
- Academic Medicine Needs More Women Leaders AAMC
- Putting the “She” in Doctor JAMA Intern Med.
- Diversity and Inclusion Pulse: Decoding Differences in Gender Perceptions and Experiences
- It Is Time for Equal Pay for Equal Work for Physicians—Paging Dr Ledbetter
- Video | Women Make Us Better
- Should You Choose a Female Doctor? Studies show that female doctors tend to listen more, and their patients — both male and female — tend to fare better
- How To Get Paid What You Deserve by Claire Wasserman at the NYP Women Physicians Symposium September 12th, 2018 _claire_wasserman_at_the_nyp_women_physicians_symposium.pdf
- Finding Balance as a Dual-Career Couple
- When Companies Support Pumping Breastmilk at Work, Everyone Benefits
- Nice Girls Don’t Ask
- The Costs of Not Negotiating
- Why Women Don’t Negotiate Their Job Offers
- How Women Can Get What They Want in a Negotiation
- 10 Myths About Negotiating Your First Salary
AAMC Reports & Videos -
- Diversity and Inclusion AAMC News
- The State of Women in Academic Medicine: The Pipeline and Pathways to Leadership, 2015-2016
- 2017 State Physician Workforce Data Report Free PDF
- AAMC Unconscious Bias Training: What You Don't Know: The Science of Unconscious Bias and What To Do About it in the Search and Recruitment Process
A Review of Mentoring in Academic Medicine Am J Med Sci.
RECRUITMENT AND RETENTION
- Havard Business Review: Why So Few "Diversity Candidates" Are Hired - Finalist pools can reinforce the status quo Video
- Havard Business Review: If There's Only One Woman in Your Candidate Pool, There's Statistically No Chance She'll Be Hired.
- Finding hidden leadership figures among women physicians ama-assn.org
- Gender Differences in Academic Medicine: Retention, Rank, and Leadership Comparisons From the National Faculty Survey Academic Medicine
- Organizational Context and Female Faculty's Perception of the Climate for Women in Academic Medicine Journal of Women's Health
- Understanding the Barriers to Hiring and Promoting Women in Surgical Subspecialties. J Am Coll Surg.
- Retaining Faculty in Academic Medicine: The Impact of Career Development Programs for Women. J Womens Health (Larchmt).
- Gender Differences in Academic Medicine: Retention, Rank, and Leadership Comparisons From the National Faculty Survey. Academic Medicine
- Improving the Recruitment and Hiring Process for Women Faculty morton_et_al_improving_recruitment_and_hiring_women_faculty.pdf